Democrats in the Senate have sent the FTC a request to make rules to protect consumer privacy seeing they have failed to get any type of legislation passed in recent history. I am of the opinion that anything the FTC or FCC does will result in an epic court battle that they will likely lose. There needs to be trust legislation to bring consumer privacy back into alignment.
Become an Insider today to support the show and get access to a future behind-the-scenes podcast.
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page.
New Geek Central Discord Channel
Download the Audio Show File
30% Off on GoDaddy Products & Services cjcgeek30
$4.99 GoDaddy coupon for a New or Transferred .com domain cjcgeek99
$1.99 a month Economy Hosting with a free domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$2.99 a month Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Support the show by becoming a Geek News Central Insider
- 22:16–2023 Cadillac sells out
- 24:23–Augmented reality spiders
- 12:55–Tesla is “irresponsible”
- 25:57–Epik data breach
- 27:58–Leaked Surface Pro 8 specs
- 28:43–Scammers allegedly earned $195,000 referring fake drivers
- Elon Musk taunts Biden
- 09:23–Senate Democrats call on FTC
- 34:13–Twitter will pay over $800 million
- 35:06–Apple delays under-display Touch ID for iPhone to 2023
- 15:53–Amazon has doubled sponsored product ads
- 36:30–Amazon will hold a hardware event
- 36:46–Is Honor smartphones a national security threat?
- 39:11–GM restarts production of Bolt EV batteries
- 31:12–SpaceX Inspiration4
- 41:37–Surface Duo passes the FCC
- 42:20–DoorDash expands alcohol delivery
- 18:47–The App Store is the Games Store
- 43:10–Chip glut might start in 2023
- 44:02–Ikea’s new $40 wireless charging pad
- 45:06–Amazon leaks updated Kindle Paperwhite devices
- 45:31–Roku debuts new streaming stick 4k bundles