Facebook is tracking those they think are a threat to Facebook employees, executives via the Facebook App. While I understand companies have to protect their employees, but using their own app to track those on a blacklist is to me a huge invasion of privacy. I am not even sure this is legal in all countries. While I understand their reasoning it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Pickup Ohana Gear.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat (Mastodon)
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page. Download the Audio Show File
30% Off on GoDaddy Products & Services cjcgeek30
$4.99 GoDaddy coupon for a New or Transferred .com domain cjcgeek99
$1.99 a month Economy Hosting with a free domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$2.99 a month Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Support the show by becoming a Geek News Central Insider
- 46:02–The best President’s Day deals
- 22:48–Apple in March
- 45:52–Add Bluetooth to any car
- 24:26–Zoho Office Suite
- 27:13–Amazon caught selling counterfeit books
- 45:17–This 10TB WD external hard drive
- 29:44–Opera shows off its smart new design
- 30:21–How to use your Mac safely in public places
- 32:44–Ajit Pai orders phone companies to adopt new tech
- 34:15–How much the internet enables content creators to make money
- Apple Watch Series 3
- NASA wants to jump-start development
- 35:33–Super Mario Bros. sells for $100,150 at auction
- 36:39–Stolen user data from MyFitness Pal
- Hong Kong is testing high-tech monitoring systems
- 17:41–AI can write fake news
- 12:19–Facebook keeps a “lookout” list
- 37:34–Nvidia Q4
- 38:44–Amazon Moments
- 19:24–Amazon pulls out of New York
- 39:40–Amazon launches its own live channel
- 40:49–AdGuard for $19.99
- 46:32–7 security tips to stop apps from stealing your data
- 42:20–Airbus scraps A380 superjumbo jet
- Cut the cord, or else!
- 43:17–A new law would ban wireless throttling
- 43:40–JP Morgan creates first US bank backed cryptocurrency