It was only a matter of time before this became widespread. Using the pseudonym “Tom,” a Cardiff University student received the highest grade on an essay with the help of OpenAI’s ChatGPT. The student adapted and tweaked content generated by the AI chatbot, resulting in a significant grade improvement compared to his non-AI-assisted essay. Cardiff University is now reviewing its academic integrity policies and aims to educate students on the proper use of AI in academic work. As I discussed in my podcast, universities must develop a new approach to essays.
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page.
Geek Central Discord Channel
Download the Audio Show File
$0.01 GoDaddy coupon for a New domain name cjcfs3geek
$1.99 a month Economy Hosting with a free domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$2.99 a month Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Support the show by becoming a Geek News Central Insider
- 17:02–All the ways your bank will try to rip you off
- 18:06–Fastest ISP in the West
- 15:55–SpaceX’s starship is ready to fly
- 19:48–You can now order pizza via Apple CarPlay
- 20:45–Warren and AOC ask SVB depositors to detail ties to the bank
- 14:57–Mac shipments fall 40.5%
- 22:59–An incredible interactive map
- 23:44–250-foot asteroid speeding toward Earth
- 24:32–Canada proposes to develop a lunar rover for Artemis
- 25:30–Why a JUICE spacecraft will take eight years to get to Jupiter?
- 13:48–Tesla must be punished
- 27:01–Apple released last week’s security software patches
- 27:20–YouTube Premium adds more features
- 28:08–Worldwide PC shipments plunged by a third
- 29:14–Museum creates giant “Donkey Kong” cabinet
- 30:46–Baidu sues Apple
- 32:07–Twitter fails to report some political ads
- FBI advises against using public phone charging stations
- 32:50–Cruise emits software patch
- 33:56–“The Super Mario Bros.” sets box office records
- 34:54–Tesla to build a new battery factory in Shanghai
- 35:59–Samsung to cut chip production