TikTok and ToTok are under serious review are they spy apps?. The Navy and Army have banned TikTok from all government smart phones and ToTok has been removed from the Google and Apple app stores as apparently they where spy apps for the UAE. Nothing like a state-sponsored spy app to get people’s attention.
Merry Christmas to all the Ohana. We hope you will consider a one-time insider donation and or an annual subscription. Be sure to tell your friends about this podcast when you are talking about non-political things over the holiday period. I’ll be back with you on Thursday for another edition of the show.
*** New Geek Central Discord Channel ***
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Pickup Ohana Gear.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat (Mastodon)
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page. Download the Audio Show File
30% Off on GoDaddy Products & Services cjcgeek30
$4.99 GoDaddy coupon for a New or Transferred .com domain cjcgeek99
$1.00 a month Economy Hosting with a free domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$1.00 a month Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Support the show by becoming a Geek News Central Insider
- 26:51–Astronaut celebrates Hanukkah from space
- 31:21–Lost in Space Season 2
- 32:10–Verizon adds three more 5G cities
- 17:00–General Motors pushes for self-driving car tests
- S10 Lite and Note 10 Lite at CES 2020
- 13:03–Boeing CEO pushed out
- 14:35–Cox Communications hit with $1 billion verdict
- 33:17–Judge blocks NYC’s law limiting Uber drivers
- 34:32–Electric truck startup Rivian
- 36:47–Twitter warns of account hijacking flaw
- 37:27–T-Mobile merging with Comcast?
- 39:07–Mastercard acquires RiskRecon
- 42:44–A flying robot vacuum cleaner
- 43:20–Twitter blocks animated PNG’s
- 44:15–What’s new on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and HBO
- 44:29–Google’s Holiday Doodle
- 45:01–Twitter removed thousands of Saudi “state-backed” accounts
- 45:28–21 tips for the Chrome Android browsers
- 46:40–Apple 2019 year in review
- 48:34–Sling TV gets more expensive
- Pixel 4 updates