Android TV is testing invasive advertising, imagine you just spend $2000 on a Sony connected TV and you turn it on and the home screen is full of content advertising that is being pushed by Google as a way monetize the $2000 TV you just purchased. Well, this is a nightmare that is being tested and forced onto owners of TV’s powered by Android TV. Meanwhile, Sony must be getting some revenue as their attitude is well tough.
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Pickup Ohana Gear.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat (Mastodon)
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page. Download the Audio Show File
30% off on New GoDaddy Orders cjcgeek30
$4.99 for a New or Transferred .com cjcgeek99 @ GoDaddy.com
$1.00 / mo Economy Hosting with a free domain. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$1.00 / mo Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Become a GNC Insider: Support this podcast
- Apple envisions devices that can smell
- 36:55–Google employees set the tone on diversity
- 18:22–Idaho Power
- 42:52–House Democrats refuse to weaken net neutrality
- 23:15–Android TV update
- 32:31–Gmail Smart Compose
- 43:50–Elon Musk ordered to work things out
- 45:14–Ongoing DNS highjacking target unpatched consumer routers
- 35:14–Apple cuts the price of HomePo worldwide
- Apple iPad Air review
- 54:03–Dell XPS 13 review
- 46:04–Amazon plans to launch thousands of internet satellites
- 47:25–Universal Pictures in HDR 10+
- Amazon’s first HIPPA compliant Alexa skills
- 48:50–Pandora Now
- 50:45–Twitter stops blocking the French government’s ad
- 54:20–Microsoft is giving Windows 10 users more control
- 51:13–HBO and Roku
- Skype doubles group call limit
- 52:15–Amazon is working on an Alexa powered AirPods competitor
- The Internet Archive will host 490,000 music tracks
- 57:00–Verizon 5g
- 55:24–MIT ends Huawei and ZTE Collaboration.
- 58:23–What’s App Business.
- Online Drug Sites.