Nintendo revealed that The World Ends with You: Final Remix is coming to Nintendo Switch on October 12, 2018. The game was developed by Square Enix and is is a role-playing game. The number of players has not yet been determined.
Complete the mission…or face erasure.
That’s all Neku knows after regaining consciousness in the middle of a busy intersection without his memories. Now he and his partner must fight to survive a life-or-death game in this twisted tale with more turns than the urban labyrinth of Tokyo they’re trapped in. This definitive version of Square Enix’s RPG classic brings the dark story to life on the Nintendo Switch system along with a new scenario and some killer, new remixed music.
The Nintendo America website says that Neku needs to learn how to work together with a partner to complete the Reapers’ Game. They only have seven days to do it. Right now, it’s unclear if The World Ends with You: Final Remix is going to be a one-player game (where Neku pairs with an non-player character) or if the game will be two-player. The Nintendo website also says: “Take control of real-time, action-fueled RPG battles using touch controls or Joy-Con controllers.”
Other details include:
- Fight to survive the week-long “Reaper’s Game” playing out on the twisted streets of Shibuya, Tokyo
- Delve into Square Enix’s remastered RPG classic
- The Nintendo Switch exclusive new scenario makes this the definitive experience
- Collect an array of mysterious, stylish pins with powerful psychic abilities, then point the way to victory in real-time, action-fueled RPG battles
- New remixed music tracks, new enemies, and hours of additional content – all exclusive to The World Ends With You: Final Remix
- Distinctive modern art from a team of artists led by producer Tetsuya Nomura, best known for his work on the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy game series.
- The expansive soundtrack boasts a wide array of genres, including everything from rock to hip-hop to electronica
The World Ends with You: Final Remix is coming to #NintendoSwitch on 10/12! This definitive version of a modern RPG classic will bring a new scenario and some killer, new remixed music. #TWEWY pic.twitter.com/gHAieLk2my
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) August 7, 2018