With not even a week to go before the full reveal of the OnePlus 8T, the company has been steadily drip-feeding teasers for the upcoming ‘phone. It’s OnePlus’ modus operandi but at times you wonder if there’s any surprise left for the big day.
Here’s what we know about the 8T so far:
- It will come with OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) out of the box
- The display will have a 120 Hz refresh rate.
- The smartphone will have a Snapdragon 865 processor.
- There will be improvements for low light images.
- The main camera will be a 48M unit with OIS. See writing on the camera unit here.
- The 8T is going to come in Aquamarine Green with a beautiful glass body. A Lunar Silver variant has been leaked.
- Warp charge will support 65 W charging
- There isn’t going to be an 8T Pro.
- The back of the phone is going to look like the picture. Taken from this YouTube teaser.
It doesn’t look like the North American Nord models will be showcased next week as a further OnePlus reveal has been pencilled in for later in October. But here’s hoping for “one more thing”. Rumours have been swirling for months about a OnePlus smartwatch…
In other OnePlus news, the company has created a virtual interactive experience in the OnePlus World, which offers a strange mix of games, activities and a musesum of OnePlus devices. It’s worth a visit….once.
If you want to follow along for the launch of the 8T, the follow the event online on https://www.oneplus.com/launch at 10:00AM EDT / 15:00 BST / 16:00 CEST / 19:30 IST on Wednesday 14 October. Stay tuned!