MicroVision, a leader in innovative laser beam scanning technology for projection display and sensing, announced it will unveil new products for Artificial Intelligence or AI connected devices at CES 2019. The company will showcase its interactive display engine and its consumer 3D scanning LiDAR sensor.
The demonstrations will show how MicroVision technology can be adapted to a variety of applications with display, interaction, and sensing capabilities.
Interactive Display Engine
MicroVision’s technology enables customers to create a more natural user experience for smart speakers connected to AI platforms by adding sight, touch, and gesture to existing voice interactions. CES attendees can witness various AI smart speakers use case demonstrations for MicroVision’s Interactive Display brought to life with multi-point touch and mid-air gesture interactions.
The company’s Interactive Display provides an integrated solution for projected display and interactivity in a single module, including hardware, software, and machine learning at the edge.
* Display and 3D sensing-based interactivity in a single integrated engine
* Compact engine size capable of producing a large, 15” interactive display from a height of 9.4”
* Multi-mode operation:
– Projection Display: Table top and wall modes
– Interactivity: Multi-touch and mid-air gestures
* High definition, always-in-focus-images
* Vivid, saturated colors and intense contrast ratio
*Sensing and display field of views are coincidental
Setting the bar for a new class of compact-mid-range, smart depth sensors, MicroVision will also showcase its Consumer 3D LiDAR at CES. This solution enables new product offerings in indoor home automation, security and navigation by giving AI-enabled applications and services the ability to perceive environments accurately with low latency and high spacial resolution over the entire range of operation, especially in sensors of this size and cost.
At CES, MicroVision will demonstrate use cases, including the automatic management of smart home-enabled devices through the recognition of individuals and positioning.
* Industry’s highest spatial resolution: up to 2K
* Lowest volume opto-mechanical engine: 13cc
* Industry’s highest throughput: up to 20 million points/second
* Lowest frame latency: 8.33 msec
* Eye safe laser classification: Class 1
* AI machine learning at the edge capable
MicroVision will showcase its products for AI connected devices at ShowStoppers at CES 2019 on January 8, 2019.