Ooma Inc., a smart communications platform for businesses and consumers, announced Ooma Smart Cam, its next-generation indoor/outdoor definition video security camera that’s truly fully wireless and delivers advanced features, including facial recognition, onboard memory and battery backup, night vision, seven days of free cloud storage, and more.
The compact Ooma Smart Cam can be placed anywhere, connecting through Wi-Fi without the need for a base station. The weather resistant camera includes a wall mount, so users aren’t forced to pay extra for mounting. The intuitive design allows for all configuration, control and video viewing through the convenient Ooma Smart Cam mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Ooma Smart Cam is part of Ooma Smart Security, an innovative security and monitoring platform that provides comprehensive do-it-yourself awareness and protection through a range of sensors for detecting motion, the opening of doors and windows, water leaks, and the opening of garage doors.
Industry leading features of Ooma Smart Cam include:
- Facial recognition: Artificial intelligence built into Ooma Smart Cam and its cloud storage service allows users to train the camera to recognize faces of family members, friends, and even pets – the only security camera that does this.
- Backup battery and onboard memory: Ooma Smart Cam is the only smart security camera that can record without external power or an internet connection, storing video for upload when and internet connection is re-established. The camera contains an internal battery that runs for six months under typical conditions and has 16GB onboard memory for retaining video clips.
- Instant video capture: Ooma Smart Cam springs to life almost immediately when motion or a loud noise is detected, starting to record in less than a second.
- Auto privacy mode: The camera can be set for geofencing, where it automatically turns off when a user returns home, based on the location of the user’s mobile phone, and automatically turned on when the user departs.
- Full HD and night vision: Video is recorded in full 1080p HD through a 130-degree wide-angle lens, with noise-cancelling digital audio as well as night vision for seeing in full darkness.
- Two-way audio: The Ooma Smart Cam contains both a microphone and a speaker.
- Seven days of free storage: The cloud service that supports Ooma Smart Cam will store the most recent seven days of clips at no charge. An optional subscription plan extends the storage to 30 days.
- Secure Transmission: Ooma Smart Cam uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypting when transmitting video from the camera to the cloud and from the cloud to the user’s mobile device, to prevent snooping.
- Magnetic mount: The included wall mount has a magnetic connection to the camera, making it easy to pop the camera off the mount for charging and pop it back in place when charging is complete.
Ooma Smart Cam is expected to be available in the first quarter of 2019 for $149.99 from Ooma.com, as well as leading retailers in the U.S. and Canada. Visit Ooma Inc., at CES 2019 in Sands, Halls A-D, #41146.