I talked about this last night on my show, but the second I get back from Ontario next week I am pulling Office 2007 off my computer. This has been an disaster of an upgrade.
Issues I am having that have not been solved by any update or online recommendation.
- Every time I close Outlook it still runs in the taskbar!
- Every time I open Outlook it complains it was not closed correctly and does a data check on my pst files
- Every time it checks for email on 9 POP accounts my computer freezes for the 60+ seconds to get email
- Every time I double click a word file, Word opens but not the document I have to double click the document again to get it to open
- Every time I try to write in Word it freezes and I all of a sudden get a blast of words when it decides to update.
Its not my hardware I have a Pentium 4 3.0 mhz Hyper thread Laptop with 1 gig of ram onboard. I never had issues with Office 2003.
On Monday I will install Open Office and put Thunderbird on as my email client. I will no longer give Microsoft any of my hard earned cash for a Office Suite that has cost me more in productivity in the 4 weeks it has been on my computer than any other software suite I have ever used.