Facebook has this new feature called Forecast and they seem to think it is going to shape civil discussions on its platform. As you can tell I have become more and more weary of facebooks attempts to continually shape the world along with all the other major media platforms. While Google phrased the term do no evil of which that is long forgotten. I think Facebook should start to embrace that mantra.
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page.
New Geek Central Discord Channel
Download the Audio Show File
30% Off on GoDaddy Products & Services cjcgeek30
$4.99 GoDaddy coupon for a New or Transferred .com domain cjcgeek99
$1.00 a month Economy Hosting with a free domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$1.00 a month Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Support the show by becoming a Geek News Central Insider
- 42:15–A rouge earth mass planet has been discovered
- NASA has a new challenge
- 01:13:31–Wi-Fi 6 devices
- 45:16–Amazon’s Alexa app has 2 new features for your car
- 46:47=Netflix will only stream in 4K to Macs that have a T2 security chip
- 48:10–Verizon expands LTE Home Internet to 48 states
- 51:10–AT&T took $283 million but didn’t deploy broadband
- 01:13:10–Should you buy a 5G laptop now?
- 53:55–Microsoft unveils Surface Laptop Go
- 54:15–Ikea will stop selling non-rechargeable alkaline batteries
- 38:07–Facebook announces updates for Groups
- 56:51–Xfinity’s new mesh networking pods
- 57:08–US Treasury and ransomware victims
- 21:31–Facebook Forecast
- 01:01:37–Snapchat helped register a million voters
- 01:02:29–Google unveils a new Chromecast
- 01:03:05–US court agrees with SEC that Kik violated the law
- 01:04:01–Amazon Prime Day 2020
- 01:05:54–Google will pay publishers $1 billion over 3 years
- 01:06:29–Google Pixel 4A 5G
- Twitter removed 130 Iran-linked accounts
- 01:09:18–GitHub can actively look for security holes
- 41:25–Nintendo agrees to $2 million settlement
- 36:39–Big tech stocks drop