If you got an iPad for Christmas, here’s what you did with it over the holidays, according to mobile telco Three.
– You had your iPad unwrapped and working by 10am on Christmas Day.
– You downloaded Maps, Skype, Angry Birds, ebay, YouTube and Sky Sports News apps.
– You visited Google search, iTunes and Facebook the most often, followed by ebay. Were you selling unwanted presents or looking for the gift you didn’t get?
– While you were out and about and using 3G data, you were using GPS navigation, reading news websites and playing games. You were also dreaming about your next holiday, surfing travel sites.
– But it wasn’t until Boxing Day that you really got to play with your new toy.
I know this isn’t exactly surprising but I think it captures in a snapshot the essence of consumer technology and activity at the end of 2010. Remember the iPad didn’t exist at Christmas 2009, Angry Birds wasn’t yet the phenomenon it was to become and no doubt 2011 will bring its own crazes and defining technology. It will be interesting to look back at this in a year’s time and see what’s changed.