Hello Games announced (on the Playstaton Blog) that No Man’s Sky Next will launch on July 24, 2018. It is described as a “massive free update.” The blog post was written by Sean Murray, Founder of Hello Games.
No Man’s Sky Next will launch as a free update for everyone who owns No Man’s Sky. It is a free update for PC, PS4 and Xbox.
Some features include:
- Team up with a small team of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travelers.
- You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
- Character customization allows you to personalize your appearance.
- The game is fully playable in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship.
- Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
- Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
- Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.
- Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
- Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits.
- Hundreds of new base parts.
- Own multiple bases.
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
- Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
- Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
- Invite your friends abroad and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge.
No Man’s Sky Next is a massive, free new update for Hello Games’ universe-spanning adventure, adding full multiplayer and much more when it launches on July 24. Details: https://t.co/oQGQNuNmm4 pic.twitter.com/SU24dVW3Lb
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) July 17, 2018