Last Epoch is a loot-based action RPG featuring time travel, character building, crafting, and an item system that guarantees endless playability. At the time I am writing this blog, it has 10 days left to reach its goal on Kickstarter.
Last Epoch is created by Eleventh Hour Games, a Dallas-based indie developer with a heart for action RPGs. Their team consists of 20 dedicated developers, videographers, composers, actors, and marketers. The studio is dedicated to delivering innovative and immersive player experiences that will provide gamers with thousands of hours of entertainment.
Right now, you can download the free demo of Last Epoch from the Kickstarter. They have a Discord where you can ask questions about the game, so I did. I asked if Last Epoch was for PC, or for Mac, or for both. (The Kickstarter makes it clear that there is a version of the demo for Linux.)
Mitchell, from Eleventh Hour Games, gave me a very prompt response. He said that Last Epoch is currently on PC and Linux, and they intend to also support Mac long term.
Some of the features of the game include:
- Offline and online multiplayer action
- Time travel based high fantasy
- 5 base classes that advance into 10 powerful mastery classes
- A deep skill system with augment trees for each skill
- Engrossing loot and crafting system
- Massive end-game content and replayability, trading, PvP, Cycles (Seasons), Ladders and Achievements
- Epic storytelling, memorable characters and environments, voice acting, journals, and hidden secrets
Personally, as someone who absolutely loves Diablo III, I am very excited about Last Epoch! The point of view in the game is very similar to how it is in Diablo III. It’s a loot filled dungeon crawler with more classes than Diablo III currently offers. It will be interesting to see where their story line goes, and what the Seasons are like.
It is very much worth noting that Last Epoch can be played both online and offline. Diablo III players have been asking for offline mode for a long time!