Now that the International CES 2013 is over, I thought it would be interesting to take a look at it “by the numbers”. The Facebook page for International CES posted a link to a press release that is filled with stats, details, and other information about CES 2013. Here is a brief, but informative, look at the data.
CES 2013 “By the Numbers”
* Started January 8, 2013
* Ended January 11, 2013
* Was the largest in the show’s 45+ year history
* Includes 1.92 million net square feet of exhibit space (which equates to 37 football fields of exhibit space, according to the press release)
* The previous record was 1.86 million net square feet of space, at CES 2012
* More than 32,250 exhibitors
* Around 20,000 new products were unveiled
* More than 150,000 attendees
* Out of those attendees, 35,000 of them were from a total of 170 countries outside of the United States.
* There were 15 product categories – and all had major product launches occur at CES 2013
* 12 members of the United States Senate and House of Representatives attended CES 2013
* 6 state elected officials also attended
* 5 members of the Federal Communications Commission were in attendance
* There were more than 30 celebrities who made an appearance, including Felicia Day who was the Ambassador for the Entertainment Matters Program (which is in its 3rd year).
* At the time I am writing this blog, there are 120 photos on the 2013 International CES Instagram.
* The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) released its 2nd book at CES 2013. The title is Ninja Innovation: the Ten Killer Strategies of the World’s Most Successful Businesses. It was authored by CEA President and CEO Gary Shapiro.
Save the date! The dates for the 2014 International CES has been announced. It will start on January 7, 2014, and end on January 10, 2014.
This article written @ GeekNewsCentral.com and if seen anyplace else has been illegally re-posted.