Pisofttech, a technology company developing state-of-the-art technologies in computer vision and artificial intelligence, will introduce the world’s first VR 360° camera with real-time 8K video stitching in camera at CES 2018.
With the new Pilot Era, photographers will be able to use a self-contained professional-grade panoramic camera to create high quality stitched videos and images easily and quickly and upload them, all from within the camera itself.
Pisofttech, the maker of the Pilot Era, is the developer of the 3D algorithm used in more cameras globally than any other. The company has provided panoramic IP algorithms to chip companies such as Rockchip as well as the core panorama technology to cloud platforms such as Tencent cloud.
Pisofttech’s algorithms have made it much easier to stitch an image in the camera, allowing for fast recording and uploading and no more overnight editing sessions. The new Pilot Era is the company’s all-in-one 360° VR camera; one which redefines the VR camera user experience.
Pilot Era is the only camera which can shoot and record videos from 4k to 8k and stitch them seamlessly in real time inside the camera. Users can select different resolutions to achieve better image performance, for example shooting and recording video in 4k at 100 frames per second or 8k at 30 frames per second depending on the circumstance. A photographer can also preview the panorama in real time, on the camera’s screen or from the mobile app.
Pilot Era supports Facebook and YouTube 4K live video streaming. Users can perform real-time editing of photos and videos and adjust the camera’s four lenses to fix exposure.
- Supports multi-lens real-time dynamic stitching
- Ambisonic audio recording
- Video resolution: 8192*4096 at 30fps; 6144*3072 at 50fps; 4096*2048 at 100fps
- Distortion correction and stitching on-board for 8k video in real time; the maximum in-camera, real-time stitching is 8k
- Image resolution: 8192*4096 or 10000*5000
- Real-time color and exposure adjustments
- Internal image stabilization through algorithms
- 180-minute battery life, 2 batteries
- TF card, 12-volt charger
- 4xF2.2 fisheye lenses
- Supports 4 preview modes: fisheye, VR, little planet, and equirecangular
- Supports 4G/Wi-Fi/RJ45 livestream
- Controlled with camera touch-screen, voice or app remote control
- App 360° player
- Size: 61mm x 61mm x 159mm – 2.4 in x 2.4 in x 6.2 in
- Weight: 565g – 1.2 lbs.
- Price: $3,000 (estimated)
- Expected to be available on Amazon in April 2018
The Pisofttech Pilot Era will be demoed at booth # 42974, Wireless Devices & Services, Tech West, Sands Expo Level 2, Hall A-D at CES 2018.