Whirlpool has unveiled its Whirlpool Smart French Door Refrigerator at CES 2016. Completely and intuitively re-imagined on the inside, the pantry-inspired layout in the Whirlpool Smart French Door Refrigerator is designed to use space more efficiently with a unique shelving system for families to fit and find all their edible favorites, making it the easiest refrigerator to organize.
With pantry shelves that store 30 percent more, the refrigerator won top honors with two 2016 CES Innovation Awards in the Smart Home and Home Appliance categories. Whirlpool designers considered everything from the grocery store produce aisle to the modern kitchen pantry in developing this refrigerator that does more than keep food cold.
Every section, every shelf, every bin in the French Door Refrigerator was re-designed to deliver smart organization with greater access and visibility to change the way families think about storing food.
Key innovations include:
* Infinity slide shelves line the perimeter of the fridge, so families can move small items to the edges and make room for big, high-use items front and center. The shelves are precisely spaced apart based on common sizes of food packaging so that yogurts, spaghetti jars, 12-pack soda boxes and egg cartons fit perfectly And, they glide just as far as needed to accommodate taller items like corked wine bottles and pitchers.
* Industry-first “flippers” allow families to adjust the shelves up or down without having to clear the shelves completely.
* The PerfectPlaces system has just the right spot reserved for every item, so the refrigerator and freezer spaces no longer become a dumping ground with overflowing bins
– Gallon door bins give families the most gallon door bin storage in the industry.
– A Treasure Bin is designed to keep chocolate, cheese, kid’s snacks, and small items in clear sight.
– Asymmetrical crispers are designed with dividers to display fresh produce like bell peppers up front, and store bags of apples in the back. The biggest crispers on the market were thoughtfully designed to hold common foods and packaging like unwieldy long and wide celery stalks and large plastic lettuce containers.
* A full-width “platter pocket” shelf, which slides out entirely to get to favorite foods easier. Its spaced from the other shelves at a height specifically for wide, flat items so families have a special spot for brownie pans, lasagna dishes, and pizza boxes.
* Bright LED undershelf lights in the EasyView system boast 40 percent more brightness under the shelf to help illuminate even those far-back corners where half-filled condiment jars have been known to hide for years.
* The StoreRight system’s dual cooling allows for fresh and frozen foods to be maintained at the perfect temperatures using sensor technology. Dual cooling also measures humidity levels and adjusts the temperature automatically, without the need to manually adjust.
* The ReadySet system, with dual icemakers that make twice the ice, means you will always be ready for unexpected guests.
Visit Whirlpool at CES 2016 at Whirlpool’s brand book #74352 in the Family & Technology Marketplace, located at the Sands Expo Center.