ISP Lied to FCC to Block Competitor Funding by putting in false data about where they currently offered service and at what speeds, which would have made it hard for a competitor to get expansion funds due to there not being a need to build out an area. Yet this lie is in areas with no ISP services existing at all. Not only are people suffering and unable to get high-speed internet, you now have ISPs lying about where they do have service, making it even harder for consumers to get high-speed service.
It’s time to consider becoming a GNC Podcast Insider. Contribute $2, $5, $10, $15, $20, or $25 a month, or make a one-time donation. You can also boost the show V4V and have your boost read live; the easiest way to support the podcast is through a new podcasting 2.0 app at NewPodcastApps.com. You can also contribute by Bitcoin/Satoshis with GetAlby.
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page.
Geek Central Discord Channel
Download the Audio Show File
$0.01 GoDaddy coupon for a New domain name cjcfs3geek
$1.99 a month Economy Hosting with a free domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$2.99 a month Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Support the show by becoming a Geek News Central Insider
- 21:20–Nine signs your laptop has water damage
- 18:08–Netflix and GM
- 16:49–Samsung’s Galaxy S23 lineup
- 22:25–The Moon just passed in front of Mars
- 23:22–Unopened 1st generation iPhone hits the auction block
- 16:07–Google is reportedly testing its own AI chatbot
- 19:29–These streaming services still let you share your passwords
- 13:35–CNET pushed reporters to be more favorable to advertisers
- 24:24–Auburn University blocked TikTok
- 08:47–ISP admits lying to the FCC
- 25:10–Amazon won’t build warehouse storm shelters
- 26:36–Starbucks now lets you pay with Venmo
- 26:51–Comcast will air the Super Bowl in 4K
- 27:20–Meta paid for data scraping
- 28:22–Amazon’s delivery drones
- 30:04–Over 100,000 unfilled jobs in IT
- 31:22–Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth is $12 billion
- 31:57–ACLU pushes back against Google
- 33:38–Apple and Google face mounting pressure to remove TikTok
- 34:16–A robot spy beaver
- 34:49–SpaceX launches 53 more Starlink satellites
- 35:08–Six new electric Volvos
- 35:21–FTC fines drug discount app
- 36:38–Twitter to end free access to its API
- 37:25–NJ lawmakers considering “Seinfeld” telemarketing bill