The FCC says TikTok is a national security risk and it’s time the app is banned from Apple and Android devices. This has come as a surprise as it’s not a conservative majority asking for the removal. What will happen nobody knows. Also in today’s show, the video format is evolving and if you have ideas I would love your input.
It’s time to consider becoming a GNC Podcast Insider. Contribute $2, $5, $10, $15, $20, $25 a month or make a one time donation.
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page.
New Geek Central Discord Channel
Download the Audio Show File
$0.01 GoDaddy coupon for a New domain name cjcfs3geek
$1.99 a month Economy Hosting with a free domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$2.99 a month Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Support the show by becoming a Geek News Central Insider
- 16:43–The best laptops for kids
- 14:13–NASA says they can grow food in space without soil
- 17:11–Amazon is introducing new tech
- 19:13–Biden to call on FTC
- 20:33–Amazon blocks products
- 22:21–Xfinity Stream app on Apple TV
- 22:48–Meta warns employees of “serious times”
- 12:30–FCC says it closed a loophole
- 24:05–T-Mobile 5G home internet reaches 5 million new addresses
- 25:15–9.5% drop in PC shipments
- 26:07–YouTube introduces new tools
- 27:18–Apple plans to let you pay for gas using CarPlay
- 28:03–Google updates its password manager
- 28:50–NASA needs help
- 30:13–The state of CA gun control websites exposes 10 years of data
- 31:30–The Loop runs to the Las Vegas Strip
- 32:44–Cyberattack impacts unemployment benefits in several states
- 10:41–Cruise robotaxis blocked San Fransicso traffic
- 34:22–Bitcoin falls below $19,000 again
- 35:30–The best tech gifts for the elderly
- A couple bought a home in Seattle, and to get Comcast internet would be $$$