Netflix has announced that Advertisements are coming and that there will be a new lower-priced plan offering that will allow viewers to get Netflix at a cheaper rate but be ad-supported. As they have lost over 200,000 subscribers last quarter this is likely an attempt to shore up the bottom line.
It’s time to consider becoming a GNC Podcast Insider. Contribute $2, $5, $10, $15, $20, $25 a month or make a one time donation.
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page.
New Geek Central Discord Channel
Download the Audio Show File
30% Off on GoDaddy Products & Services cjcgeek30
$4.99 GoDaddy coupon for a New or Transferred .com domain cjcgeek99
$1.99 a month Economy Hosting with a free domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$2.99 a month Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Support the show by becoming a Geek News Central Insider
- 07:52–Netflix is getting ads
- 19:02–What’s new on Amazon Prime Video in July
- Google warns Android users about “Hermit” spyware
- 20:00–Android 13 Beta 3.3
- 20:18–Wearable Muscles
- Anker backs robot maker Keyi
- 22:36–Google’s worst hardware flop
- 23:56–NY-based jury issues subpoenas to Truth Social SPAC
- 11:49–Tesla does not have enough desks
- 24:48–Game of Thrones sequel
- 25:35–Samsung Starbucks Galaxy Buds
- 26:33–Apple is resurrecting its high-end smart speaker
- 27:32–Amazon is having a second major Prime-exclusive shopping event
- 28:38–The $300,000 Celetiq EV
- 05:19–Juul files an emergency petition to the FDA
- 30:06–OnlyFans inspired group is selling nude pictures for Ukraine’s armed forces
- 32:36–FTC urged to probe Apple and Google
- 33:54–Google Hangouts is shutting down this Fall
- 34:55–The Supreme Court won’t hear the Apple-Qualcomm patent case
- 15:26–IBM settles age discrimination case
- 35:59–Toyota is recalling 2,700 electric SUVs because their wheels may fall off
- Tech companies under pressure
- 36:34–LG and the EV charging business
- 37:27–Apple’s “flood” of new devices