A flawed tracking app at Albion college appears to have had some major privacy issues until it was patched. But shows that something potentially rushed could end up revealing information that should not be available for any low rate hacker to access. As these apps are used on campuses to track college students one will have to ask when is enough.
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page.
New Geek Central Discord Channel
Download the Audio Show File
30% Off on GoDaddy Products & Services cjcgeek30
$4.99 GoDaddy coupon for a New or Transferred .com domain cjcgeek99
$1.00 a month Economy Hosting with a free domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$1.00 a month Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Support the show by becoming a Geek News Central Insider
- 50:24–Your Fitbit could help you detect Covid-19 symptoms
- 24:55–4 brothers targeted Amazon in a fraud scheme
- How to identify and block devices on your router
- California wildfires spread massive plumes of smoke seen from space
- 29:09–Tesla stock price crosses $2,000 per share
- 21:33–Apple appears to post September 10th 5G iPhone event
- 31:45–NASA working to hunt down an air leak on the ISS
- Is your browser a good enough password manager?
- 33:27–Weather Channel’s location data settlement
- Best laptops for students
- 34:40–SpaceX still pressing ahead with its Air Force lawsuit
- 36:35–10 ways to get more out of your Mac
- 37:03–Blackberry Android phones are coming back
- 17:06–AT&T, T-Mobile fight speed tests
- NASA celebrates 15 years of Mars Orbiter
- 13:12–US government built secret iPod with Apple’s help
- 38:55–Airbnb “global party ban” announced
- 40:00–Google Pixel Buds update
- Reddit says it has banned nearly 7,000 subreddits since June
- 42:13–DoorDash adds on-demand Grocery delivery
- 43:07–Global smartwatch revenue 20% year over year
- 43:53–TikTok has removed hundreds of thousands of videos for hate speech
- 22:38–Uber and Lyft get a temporary reprieve
- 28:25–Facebook confirms Zuckerberg testified before FTC
- 46:27–The US government can’t use drones but…..
- Google services hit by widespread disruption