Over the past couple of days I have been testing the Wisair Wireless USB Audio/Video Adapter set designed to extend your computer onto your flat screen TV or a secondary computer monitor.
If you want a wireless way to hook up your computer to your flat screen TV or a secondary LCD display this is a easy to use product. From the time I opened the box, I had what appeared to be a perfect video on my 32 inch Samsung TV at 1280×720 resolution in about 10 minutes.
This is really slick, does not mater if you have a Windows XP machine with SP3 or a Windows 7 machine you can extend your computer onto a flat screen TV. Please note that I tried using it on my 60 inch projection TV and it really did not work out well, that was to be expected as a projection TV is a whole different animal then a LCD TV.
Hookup is either by VGA or HDMI port. The computer needs to be line of site of the TV within 30 feet. For my testing I had the laptop 23 feet away from the TV and it worked just fine. I did have the connection drop on occasion between the two wireless units. This only lasted a few moments though.
Prices vary but will generally run you about $155.00 for the complete set and they also include a HDMI cable and external power supply. Here is the full feature list:
- Wireless connectivity from notebook/PC to projectors, flat TVs and monitors
- HDMI with video/audio support
- VGA video connectivity with audio support through 3.5mm audio jack (stereo)
- 32-bit True Color depth for high quality images
- Up to SXGA+ (1400×1050) resolution (WXSGA+ optional)
- 48 kHz, 16-bit Stereo sound
- HD video up to 720P
- Quick setup with pre-associated (paired) adapters
- Fully standard solution (Wireless USB from the USB-IF)
- Worldwide regulations compliance
- Windows Vista/XP OS / Note: Windows 7 was Review Platform
Disclaimer I was provided a review unit for the writing of this post. It was used for a total of three days in my home with a variety of TV’s and monitors.