Vimeo has come up with a very interesting way to support video creators. It’s called On Demand. The purpose is to help video creators sell their films and episodic series by providing them with a way to monetize their work. Vimeo is offering a 90/10 split of revenue. The video creator would keep the 90% (after transaction fees). Vimeo will cover all delivery costs.
Vimeo On Demand is being offered exclusively to Vimeo PRO members. It includes:
* A customizable page design
* You can sell your work for the price you want (starting at $0.99).
* You can sell your work from anywhere you want – including from your own website. You get the option of selling your work only from your own domain (and not having it appear on Vimeo at all) if you want.
* Your work will be available online and on popular mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs in full HD.
* You can choose your audience (select a country, or choose “worldwide”).
* It is possible to allow people to buy your work, to rent your work, or both.
Vimeo has a Best Practices page that gives further details. Again, you must have a Vimeo Pro account to get involved with On Demand. You also need a verified PayPal account, “work that you’re proud of”, a poster and trailer for your work and an “entrepreneurial spirit”. Vimeo also wants you to make sure you have all the rights to the work you want to sell and/or rent.