ThinkGeek is selling an exclusive Star Trek: The Next Generation ComBadge that is more than just a prop. This one actually has some functionality!
The Star Trek Bluetooth ComBadge is an officially-licensed communicator badge. It hooks up to your phone or device via Bluetooth, and has a built-in microphone for hands free calling. Connect it to your phone, tap the badge, and you can answer or send calls, play or pause audio, or access Siri, Google Now, or Cortana.
The badge plays a communicator sound effect when pressed. Keep the badge charged via a micro-USB charging cable.
To be clear, the badge does not include the voice of Majel Barret, the woman who was the voice of the Enterprise Computer in the Star Trek: The Next Generation television series. (She also played Lwaxana Troi in the Star Trek TNG).
Product Specifications Include:
- Officially-licensed Star Trek: The Next Generation merchandise
- Plays classic communicator chirp sound effect when you press it
- Connects to your phone or device via Bluetooth
- High quality micro-speakers by Massive Audio
- Wireless Range: 33 ft
- Drivers: Neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response: 200Hz – 20KHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >80dB
- Materials: ABS and zinc shell
- Attaches using magnets so you don’t have to make holes in your clothes
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-ion (one charge lasts 10 hours)
- Charges via micro-USB cable (included)
- Micro-USB Port: DC5V, 350-400mA
The ThinkGeek website notes that the specifications are subject to change pending licensor approval. The Star Trek TNG Bluetooth ComBadge is priced at $79.99 and is coming in November of 2016.
— ThinkGeek (@thinkgeek) September 8, 2016