Looking for a new smartphone or smart watch in the UK and fancy a Moto X, Nexus 6 or Moto 360? Motorola is having a two day Spring sale starting at midnight tonight, Sunday, (00:01 18 May) and running through to midnight on Tuesday night.
For the Moto X smartphone, save £96 on 16 GB and 32 GB handsets, with prices starting from £299 and £339 respectively off contract.
On the Nexus 6 smartphone, save £30 on Midnight Blue or Cloud White Nexus 6 32 GB and 64 GB handsets, with prices starting from £449 and £519 also off contract.
Finally, save £50 on a Moto 360 smart watch in Stone or Black leather with prices starting from £149.
I really liked the Moto X when I reviewed for GNC back in January and now that has been updated with Lollipop I’m sure it’s even better. With a 5.2″ screen, it might suit the smaller pocket rather than a 6″ screen, but if bigger is better, it’s hard to go wrong with the Nexus 6.
Watch for the UK special offers on this page.
As expected, Motorola last night refreshed its smartphone line-up with new versions of the Moto X and Moto G plus a new Bluetooth earpiece called Hint. First impressions are that they’ve kept the good bits and bumped the spec with bigger screens (5.2″ 1080 HD on the X) and faster processors (2.5 GHz quad core in the X). The edges of the phone are now finished in metal too, giving a more upmarket impression.
For UK Motorola fans, the good news is that Moto Maker is going to be available so we’ll get the wide range of colours and materials. Best of all there’s a new leather back which looks very luxurious. If you don’t use a case for your phone, this is definitely the one to get. Motorola has announced the UK availability and pricing as below.
- 16 GB in black, leather and bamboo
- Starting from £419.99
- Available from Amazon and Phones 4u from the end of September
- Black and white
- Starting from £144.99
- Available from Amazon and Phones 4u from 5th September
- Motorola Shells will be available from October
- Gray leather and black leather
- Starting from £199.00
- Available from O2, Tesco, Amazon, Phones 4u and John Lewis from early October
- Moto Maker 16GB – starting from £419.99
- Moto Maker 16GB with wood or leather – starting from £439.99
- Moto Maker 32GB – starting from £459.99
- Moto Maker 32GB with wood or leather – starting from £479.99
- Available from end of September
- Moto Hint will come to UK in the coming months. Details to be confirmed.
I’d say the Moto X is a strong contender to be my next phone, but it’ll be up against the next Nexus device. Hopefully I’ll get a review unit in the not-too-distant future.