Force Training Institute (FTI) is comprised of a diverse and highly experienced group of subject matter experts with legal, corporate, risk management, security, military, and law enforcement backgrounds. They have created a portable bulletproof shield that looks like a laptop bag.
The MTS Multi-Threat Shield bag looks like an average black laptop bag, but is actually a lightweight and discrete ballistic shield. It can be used by families, schools, law enforcement, first responders, hospitals, businesses, and private security personnel to protect one or more people.
A quick flick of the wrist swiftly deploys a 3-foot long blanket of protection to defeat multiple impacts from most handgun, shotgun, and pistol caliber sub-machine gun threats. (A Level III insert plate, which can protect against high powered rifles, is sold separately). In addition, the MTS offers protection from attacks with blunt objects and edged weapons, as well as punches and kicks.
The bag has an expandable pouch, which is designed to hold equipment. The bag is not intended to be used to actually carry a laptop.
- Model No.: MTS-010
- Protection Level: NIJ Level IIIA (Level III with optional Rifle Plate Insert)
- Total Weight: 8 pounds
- Closed Position Size: 12” L X 17.5” W x 1.75” D
- Open Position Size: 36.5” L x 17.5” W x 0.58”
- Total Ballistic Coverage: 639 sq. in.
- Ballistic Components: One-Piece (no gap) Laminated Kevlar
- Carrier Material: 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon, Water Repellent
- Blunt Force Inserts: 11” x 17” x 0.16” Kydex & 11” x 17” x .25 Shock Pad
- Strap: MIL-SPEC 1.5” Webbing w/360 Detachable Rotating Polymer Clips
- Color: Black