Forget Kim Kardashian’s butt breaking the internet. Star Wars mania has officially arrived. (Was it ever really gone?) The first shots of the new film hit the internets this morning at 7:15a (PST). Initially I couldn’t get the iTunes Trailer page to load (go figure) but found it on the official Star Wars YouTube page. And after watching it about 50 times, I’m excited.
Here are a few things I’ve noticed:
– JJ Abrams promised us 88 seconds of footage, but minus all the black transitions, the 11 seconds of sand-nothing at the beginning and titles at the end, we’ve only got about 42 seconds of actual movie footage. Which also works out to 2163 frames. Remove the ratings logo, the empty sand wasteland from the beginning, the black transitions, and the end titles we’re left with 670 frames of actual new stuff. Stormtrooper guy at the beginning got 100, chick on fudgecicle speeder got 73. X-Wing Pilot 26. Creepy guy in the woods, 136.
– No shots of anything actually happening in the “stars” (space)
– We saw things we already knew about, either by leaks or “leaks” (Falcon, the villain, trooper helmets, actors)
– Right off the bat we are reminded that there are also non-white-male characters in this movie. (there was a big deal made of that after the first photo of the cast was released)
– Dear god, please don’t let the volleyball droid be the “comic relief” in this movie.
– I also noticed that THIS ship is in a few of the concept art images that are up over at Nuke The Fridge. The Fudgecicle speeder and stormtrooper designs are also holding true to the concept images:
Possible spoiler concept images:
Those aren’t complaints, by the way. I can’t wait to see what the next trailer looks like!