Those who cannot play nice with others in Heroes of the Storm are about to receive some consequences for their bad actions (and words). Blizzard is introducing a Silence Penalty in the release of their next patch. It will limit the ability of a player who has been reported multiple times to interact with other players.
Heroes of the Storm is a multiplayer online battle arena video game developed by Blizzard Entertainment. In short, each player becomes part of a five player team. That team fights against an opposing five player team. The goal is to destroy the other team’s Core (which is a physical structure that is located in their base) before the other team is able to destroy your Core.
Blizzard announced that they are about to add things to Heroes of the Storm in their next major patch that give players new reporting options and a brand new consequence “for those who consistently try to put a damper on everyone’s fun”.
Report Categories and Guidelines for Use:
* Abusive Chat – defined as “insults, cruelty, or ongoing harassment directed at one or more players”, hate speech, and real life threats
* Intentionally feeding – defined as “player intentionally and repeatedly gets their hero killed in order to anger allies of feed XP to the enemy team
* AFK/Non-Participation – AFK means “away from keyboard”. You can now report a player who is idle or inactive for an extended period of time during a game. You can also report a player who is present but has given up or refused to take part in the game.
* Cheating/Botting/Hacking – defined as “suspicious behavior which indicates the player may be using third-party software or hack programs to gain an advantage during a game
* Inappropriate Name – defined as “character names or BattleTag that are offensive, insulting, bypass the mature languge filter, or are otherwise considered objectionable”
* Spam – excessively repeating the same phrase, or pure nonsense, or repeated advertising for third party websites.
Starting in the next patch, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive a silence penalty. An icon will appear on their player portrait to let everyone else know that they have been silenced.
Silenced Players Cannot:
* Use Allied Chat in-game
* Chat in Hero League Draft Lobbies
* Chat in General Chat channels
* Chat in custom chat channels
* Send Whispers to non-friends