Computex 2015 is in full swing in Taipei and new product announcements are coming fast and furious. One of those products is a new tablet by Asus called the ZenPad S 8.0. This 8-inch ZenPad boasts some impressive features. Including:
- Intel 64-bit Atom Z3580 processor
- 4GB of RAM
- PowerVR 6430 GPU
- 3.4 times the browser performance of some competitors and 2.2 times the GPU performance
- Optional stylus (this is where the ZenPad gets the “S” in its name)
- Metallic finish with “diamond cut edges”
- 6mm (0.25 inches) thick
- Weighs 298 grams (10.5 ounces)
- Screen is a 2K (2,048×1,536-pixel) IPS panel, offering 324 pixels per inch
This new ZenPad could be seen as a strong competitor to Apple’s iPad Mini, as the two devices are pretty similar in terms of overall size and spec. Also, the ZenPad comes with many of Asus’s proprietary enhancements, including TruVivid and Tru2Life (known collectively as VisualMaster), both of which are designed to increase screen clarity, contrast and brightness. The TruVivid technology actually alters the traditional screen manufacturing process to eliminate the “air gap” between the touch panel and the LCD ZenPad models, increasing optical transparency.
ZenPad S 8.0 also comes with optional accessories like the Clutch “fashion” cover as well as a Power Cover that offers an additional 15 hours of battery life.
ZenPad tablets will offer both 4G LTE and Wi-Fi only versions. Availability of these will differ from region to region. Full pricing and release dates haven’t yet been announced.