Once Hallowe’en is over, the holiday seasons begins in earnest with both children and parents thinking about Christmas presents and toys. Unsurprisingly, the Toy Retailers Association for the UK and Ireland is happy to give some advice on what it considers to be the likely favourites for Santa Claus’ sack and in the festive spirit, here are their top twelve toys of Christmas.
- Bop-It! Beats from Hasbro
- Disney Frozen Snow Glow Elsa from JAKKS Pacific
- Disney Frozen Sparkle Doll from Mattel
- Kidizoom Smart Watch from VTech
- Little Live Pets Bird Cage from Character Options
- Minecraft Figures (Assorted) from Character Options
- My Friend Cayla from Vivid Toy Group
- Nerf Demolisher 2-in-1 from Hasbro
- Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! from LEGO
- Toot-Toot Animals Safari Park from VTech
- Transformers Stomp & Chomp Grimlock from Hasbro
- Zoomer Dino – Boomer from Spin Master Toys
Aside from the fact that Disney’s Frozen features twice, the other item that stands out is the VTech’s Kidizoom SmartWatch. Smartwatches are hardly mainstream items, yet here they are. At a retail price of less than GB£40, these have to be the cheapest smartwatches available, with some great features, including lots of different analogue and digital clock faces, a colour touch screen, built-in camera, voice recorder (with effects), games and a rechargeable battery. I think there are some adult smartwatches with fewer features!