Griffin Technologies has a great looking new toy (or tool) for those who want to record on their iPad, iPhone or Macintosh. it’s called the StudioConnect HD. It’s a neat little piece of hardware that plugs into your device and give you 2 1/4″ or XLR inputs for microphones, guitars, basses or keyboards (Banjo’s too?). It can record multiple tracks to your Mac or IOS device.
- Two ¼”/XLR combo inputs with individual Gain control, Pad switch, 48v Phantom Power and Signal/Clip LED indicator
- USB MIDI and 5-pin MIDI support
- TRS 1/4” balanced out for monitors
- Dedicated Monitor and Headphones volume controls
- Compatibility with iOS (30 pin & Lightning) and OS X (USB)
- Conveniently holds and charges an iPad
The StudioConnect HD works great with all core audio software on the Mac and IOS apps:
- Auria (iOS)
- GarageBand (iOS and OS X)
- Logic Pro X (OS X)
- JamUp / BIAS (iOS)
This looks like a great device for the home musician or podcaster. Hopefully when they come out in the Fall of 2014 we can get our hands on one to test it out.
Price will be $199, and as I said, it will be available in the Fall of 2014.
Griffin also announced a handy mount for your smartphone or other small device on your guitar called the Guitar Sidekick for $19.99.
This would be handy for using tuning apps or to display lessons as you practice. These will be available in March 2014.
For more information on Griffin, check out their website at griffintechnology.com