Apple iPhone iOS 7 Looks Like a Cartoon!

Posted by geeknews at 12:21 AM on September 11, 2013

Today was my first real exposure to iOS 7 and when I look at the new design, it makes me want to go buy an Android. Sorry the new interface looks cheap like a old school cartoon. If this is all the designers at Apple could come up with, I think they are in for a major beat down by rabid Apple fans who have not really been paying attention.

Some may say this flat design revolution is what is in, but I don’t think that’s working real well for Microsoft at the moment.

Here is my prediction. While the new iPhone 5C is cute and colorful, you will not catch very many grown men with a green phone in their pocket. My 17 year old daughter is definitely the target demographic for the 5C. But after she looked at the screen shots of iOS 7 commenting that the the interface looked like crap I am not sure she will be a potential customer as well.

iphone7

I am sure the fanboys and hipsters will be over here to bash my opinion. But count me as unimpressed. We have all been screaming for a bigger phone / screen, and what do they deliver the same form size with only 3 major enhancements. Sorry but the Samsung Galaxy is starting to look like my next phone.

1. From geekazine at 12:31 am on September 11, 2013

Apple iPhone iOS 7 Looks Like a Cartoon! http://t.co/EY7eMVNbnl #geek

2. From GeekLifeNews at 12:59 am on September 11, 2013

Apple iPhone iOS 7 Looks Like a Cartoon! http://t.co/29To2msOJv

3. From Paul at 5:14 am on September 11, 2013

Did you miss the 5s announcement? Read into the specs. Pretty impressive.

4. From glupidio at 5:53 am on September 11, 2013

RT @GeekNews: Apple iPhone iOS 7 Looks Like a Cartoon!: Today was my first real exposure to iOS 7 and when I l… http://t.co/ZsE44EIYQa

5. From lwatcdr at 6:09 am on September 11, 2013

I do not think it looks too bad. If you changed the background color you to black or white on the screen it would be much better. I am not overly impressed by the new iPhone but the new UI is fine. Oh I am not an Apple fanboi or hipster. My phone Galaxy Nexus, my tablets Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Kindle Fire 1st gen. I wish that Apple would get on the NFC bandwagon so it could move forward.

6. From theRamenNoodle at 7:30 am on September 11, 2013

Apple iPhone iOS 7 Looks Like a Cartoon! http://t.co/5imEFcadlI via @geeknews

7. From geeknews at 8:07 am on September 11, 2013

I read the 5S Specs and sorry new camera and fingerprint reader is not enough.

8. From Paul at 10:02 am on September 11, 2013

“I read the 5S Specs and sorry new camera and fingerprint reader is not enough.”

Fine. So what’s your argument? What’s it lacking? And you forgot to make note of the new processor. If your only concern is a bigger screen, then buy all means buy an Android.

9. From GNC #889 Voyager has left the Building | GNC Show Notes at 1:11 am on September 13, 2013

[…] Links: Voyager Audio of Interstellar Space. Space Map. Twitter IPO. iOS 7 Cartoon. Apple Innovations Decline. iPhone 5s Boring. M7 Co-Processor. Fingerprint give up 5th. Calendar 5. […]

10. From Hanna at 2:49 pm on September 19, 2013

This is so very very unprofessional! I hate everybody of this looks cheap and like a cartoon. I am a professional not a KID!