Wireless extenders are not new and tiny ones that sit right in your wall outlet are not even new. However, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week, networking company TP-Link unveiled its latest — the TL-WA850RE. It brings a sleek look and a bit more functionality to these tiny extenders.
This one packs in wireless “n” which is the new standard, although it is backwards compatible with older standards as well. There is a host of features which company has oulined:
- Supports domain name-based login for a more user-friendly setup experience
- CD-less installation
- Easily extend wireless coverage at a push of the Range Extender button
- Profile function helps users remember previously paired wireless networks
- 300Mbps wireless speed ideal for smooth HD video, music streaming and online gaming
- Works seamlessly with all 802.11b/g/n devices
The product is expected to hit the market in the second quarter of this year, but the price has not yet been revealed.