MOG, the popular and growing online music service, and Ford today made a joint announcement that MOG will be coming to the Ford Sync Applink service. This will be the first voice-controlled version of the MOG app and it will be available in several models of 2012 Ford vehicles.
MOG describes the new controls for their in-car app as letting “listeners program artist radio stations into the radio preset buttons on the dashboard for the ultimate in ad-free, unlimited, artist-seeded radio. The tune knob allows listeners to control the radio mix, for true “artist only” radio, a full mix of “similar artists”, or anywhere in between.”
In addition, MOG have announced a list of some of the features that users, or should I say drivers, can expect:
- Shuffle “favorites” and “downloads”: instantly access stored “favorites” and “downloads” with simple voice commands.
- Playlist listening: complete access to all of your personal playlists.
- Favorite on the fly: with one click or using the voice command, “Add to favorites,” drivers can save songs to their MOG “favorites” list.
- Storage: MOG allows users to download unlimited music from MOG on their mobile devices. Simply use voice commands such as “Shuffle downloads” to instantly play downloads from your device – great for keeping the music going while driving through patchy service zones.
- Curated content: If you want to hear the hottest tunes according to Billboard’s Top 50 Charts, just say “Top songs” for instant access.
Some of the vehicles that will receive this new feature include the Fiesta, Fusion, F-150, Mustang, and Expedition. You will need to sign up for a MOG account and there is a $9.99 monthly fee for the service. Ford owners can visit mog.com/FORD.