At the NAB show New Tek had a panel Broadcast Minds: The Future of Television with Leo Laporte of TWIT.TV, Kevin Pollak, Award winning Actor and Comedian, Jeff Jacobs, Vice President, Production Planning, Strategic Initiatives & Business Operations of the MTV Music Group, Bill Chapman, Vice President of Creative Development/Emerging Technologies of Turner Studios and Jeff Hawley, Director, Customer Experience Group. Yamaha Corporation of America. They discussed the future of television and media, if you are interested in media and where it is going you need to watch it. Among the areas they discussed are:
- The importance of live streaming as an event.
- People need to feel like they are a part of a community.
- Engaging the viewer on the various platforms they are on.
- Creative people are only limited by their own imagination.
- Creativity drives technology and vice a versa.
- Anyone can build an on-demand library of content.
- The ability to store and send big data is a major cost concern.
- Social Media has become an integral part of the whole process from creation to distribution.