The team over at Vitrue have produced a short primer on how to create good looking video content. It’s aimed “marketers” wanting to get into social media, but it has relevance to anyone who wants to produce video. I think it’s a better article than most that I’ve seen in this space as it actually gives recommendations for what to buy, but I’m not a video producer, so I can’t comment on their suggestions.
When preparing to shoot video, Vitrue suggests five areas to think about beforehand.
- Who is the target audience?
- Meet with your team and map out content ideas
- As a team, develop the plan and schedule.
- It will take twice as long as you think to produce the content.
- Take your time to record the footage.
Vitrue talks about five important tools needed to deliver good quality video. Read the article to see what they recommend.
- Exporting for the web
The last topic has a small piece of very useful information if you are new to the video space – encoding settings. They might not be perfect but the ones Vitrue suggest are a good start.