Sony have launched a series of high performance HDMI cables to meet the needs of the latest developments in audio and video entertainment, including 3D and Ethernet.
All the cables in the DLC-HE series offer:
– HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC), allowing the cable to not only carry audio and video, but also data.
– Audio Return Channel (ARC), permitting audio to be transmitted in both directions.
– 3D support, for the latest movies.
– Quad Full HD, for resolutions up to 3840 x 2160.
– 48 bits per pixel colour depth, giving richer colour reproduction.
Obviously, the TV and the connected device, e.g. an AV amp, have to support these features to take advantage of the cable.
Although the press release doesn’t make it 100% clear, I believe that these features mean these new cables conform to the HDMI 1.4 standard.
There are five different cables in the range, from general purpose to premium, with variants using horizontal and vertical swivel connections. There’s also a special cable for connecting from HandyCam or Bloggie cameras that have the HDMI type C connector.
The cables come in a range of lengths from 1m to 10m. Additionally the HDMI connector body has been redesigned so that it’s easier to see which way round the cable is before trying to plug it in.
Available now from all good stockists with prices starting from around £40.