I broke my Kindle and it really Sucks!

Posted by geeknews at 2:56 AM on December 7, 2009

I broke my Kindle and it was my own fault. Sat my computer bag on it when I pulled it out of the overhead to pack things away from my flight home. I knew instantly that I had jacked the screen and that really was not the way I wanted to end my latest trip. I went online to check pricing for a new unit and because I have such a huge assortment of books, I really have no alternative. This time I am going to get a protective jacket for it.

Totally sucks because I love my Kindle. When I travel I read a great deal, and you know I travel a lot. This is the first time in many years I have broken a piece of electronics. I have had stuff fail on me before but this was a case of smashing the screen with my over weight computer bag, it did not stand a chance. The worst part I was hot and heavy into a book I was reading, and now will have to wait till my new unit shows. up.

So what have you broken lately?

1. From Wayne at 8:36 am on December 7, 2009

Well,

You probably already know this but, if you have a Iphone or as I an Itouch you can read your kindle books on them. I actually enjoy reading on my Itouch even though I got the Kindle DX. I think I actually need the white screen. It just makes it more like reading a real book

Just a thought.

2. From Bruce at 11:01 am on December 7, 2009

Yesterday my Miller Tripod bag got a hole burned into the bottom of it from a light that was in the floor which it was placed on!!

3. From mark at 1:04 pm on December 7, 2009

If you have a touchscreen laptop running Windows 7 the Kindle for PC software is awesome. Haven’t tried it on a regular laptop but it from the short time I played with a Kindle the PC version with a touchscreen is even better, albeit larger and heavier.
    Check out the Bing home page today (12/7) should look very familiar to Todd!
    Mark

4. From GNC-2009-12-08 #534 OhanaSaurus Makes its Debut - Geek News Central at 2:17 am on December 8, 2009

[...] Distro! Boxee introduce D-Link Media Partner. New portable braille device for vision impaired. What Electronics have you broken Lately? Draft 24hr Podcast Schedule! Hawaii Clear Wimax not living up to Hype? Sprint Wimax and horrible 3g [...]

5. From Julius Osorio at 11:15 am on December 9, 2009

I’ve broken my tx1000′s screen. It was a predictable accident itself.
    The laptop was in the desk but the power cord was a little stretch and my puppy said hello to a relative and pulled the power cord, so the laptop fell from the desk and hit the floor.
    Now the screen has a very real spider’s web on it but it’s functional

6. From George at 5:23 pm on December 9, 2009

In a rush to film my daughter’s school play I discovered I needed to take apart my JVC gr miniDV camcorder ONCE AGAIN to disconnect internal battery in order to reset the board. 30+ screws later, under the gun, I got it apart and all back together in 10 minutes. One last screw to put in-just behind the lens on top. Looked a bit long to me. Camera switched on but auto focus and zoom button were dead. I realized, after taking the JVC lemon apart AGAIN (with minutes left before the show), that I had drilled a too long screw through the ribbon cable and killed my camcorder. I filmed the theater performance with full zoom and stuck focus. Real avant-garde experimental trash. sound worked, though. JVC made a lousy product which I finally killed. Now I use it for playback only. LOL