I have a pile of notes from the various meetings I had in NYC with a significant number of media buyers. I am not going to share all of them, but let me cover a couple of things.
- Podcast Reporting Statistics are going to be held to a higher standard
- Verification – Verification – Verification
- Media Buyers do not understand the levels of Audience Engagement
- All were worried about Ads run on shows with Explicit Content
- Some buyers finally understood the power of host read endorsements
I am not going to discuss my presentation as it is a company proprietary secret, but I was told a significant number of times that our approach was applaudable and unlike anything they had ever seen.
I would like to think it is because I don’t pull any punches, or I don’t over hype the space. What it boils down to is that my team understand the new media space and we have 24 months of podcast advertising data to backup our assertions on how we have delivered ROI to those companies we represent.
I will leave you with this. You can have the best technology in the world but if it is not effective in generating ROI they don’t care if the technology slices and dices, or is hyped by a talking head or even exaggerated in a press release, if you can’t deliver measurable ROI then you might as well go home.